Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Roskilde University Scholarships in Denmark in 2022.
Scholars at Roskilde University are in command and in charge of their own studies. Through their autonomous assessment and participation, they are backed in their programs of study at the school, which offers the ideal global, cross-disciplinary, and academically motivating atmosphere in which to learn.
The university was established in 1972 and was formerly intended as an alternative to the old-fashioned Danish universities which had been the scene of a lot of scholars uprisings in the late 1960s. The scholars saw the traditional universities autocratic and controlled by the professors and desired more influence and also more flexible teaching methods.
In the 1970s, the university was renowned for its very liberal education as against the usual lectures offered by the more traditional institutions of Copenhagen and Aarhus.
The university’s central educational philosophy is concentrated on developing problem focused project work, offering leadership to members, and taking shared responsibility. From enrolment to graduation, scholars are educated to assess the importance of academic challenges and the relevance of scientifically backed theories and methods.
The project work is steered by the scholars and is on the basis of the significance of the devotion of each student and their individual and combined responsibility. The progressive choice to pursue a specialization is made in line with the students’ experience with various subject areas and scientific techniques. Scholars obtain their initial expertise in the context of the basic studies, which guide them to the higher level subjects, in which many assorted specialist programs can be grouped together both in the major disciplines and fields and between them, during both undergraduate and graduate programs.
Roskilde University Scholarships Description:
- Host University: Roskilde University;
- Host Country:;Denmark;
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded;
- Study Level: Masters Level;
- Scholarship Worth:
- Subjects available: Check the details below;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Application Deadline: January 15, 2022.
The Roskilde University Scholarships is obtainable for foreign Masters Students in the field of: Communication Studies and Cultural Encounters, Nordic Urban Planning Studies, International Public Administration and Politics, Spatial Designs and Society, Mathematical Physical Modeling and Development Studies and Global Studies, at the Roskilde University, Denmark.
Benefits of Roskilde University Scholarships
- Tuition exemption and award of DKK 7,800 per month for subsistence costs in Denmark ;
- The tuition exemption and award have validity of up to 22 months for programs that commence in September.
Eligibility for Roskilde University Scholarships
- To be qualified to compete for tuition exemption and awards, scholars have to be citizens of non-EU/EEA countries who are responsible for paying tuition fees;
- Be aware that qualifying for a tuition exemption and award application does not necessarily guarantee that candidates will be awarded a tuition waiver and scholarship award. The obtainable number of scholarships is very much limited and there are considerably more applicants than there are tuition waivers and scholarship awards available;
- Applicants are categorized based on their academic accomplishments;
- The university retains the right to determine in each application procedure that only applicants for specific master’s degree programs will be assessed for tuition and scholarship awards;
- Scholars getting tuition exemption and award are expected to fill out the educational process and not lag behind in their program so that they can continue to get the tuition exemption and award.
How to Apply for Roskilde University Scholarships
Candidates for the Roskilde University Scholarships are expected to apply via the online application for admission to the master’s degree programs by submitting a cover letter and curriculum vitae explaining their academic and professional accomplishment within the application closing date.
The online application procedure is accessible one month prior to the deadline for applications. It is advised to submit the application well in advance, as unanticipated difficulties may come up all through the application process, like technical problems. Candidates should be aware that it is their own charge to finish their application in a timely manner.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Denmark scholarships here