Safety & Security Coordinator at International Rescue Committee (IRC) – Here are the requirements and how to apply for the position of Safety & Security Coordinator in the ongoing International Rescue Committee (IRC) job recruitment.
Safety & Security Coordinator at International Rescue Committee (IRC) – About Position
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) reacts to the world’s most horrible humanitarian crises and assists people to endure and rebuild their lives. Established in 1933 at the appeal of Albert Einstein, the IRC provides lifesaving care and life-changing help to refugees who have been forced to run from war or disaster. Functioning today in more than 40 nations and 22 U.S. cities, they re-establish safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to survive. The IRC paves the way from harm to home.
They are hiring to fill the following position described below.
Humanitarian Access Management:
- Develop and implement humanitarian access strategies and approaches tailored to local contexts in field sites throughout Nigeria
- Ensure humanitarian access approaches are responsive to local context and include overarching community engagement components
- Work to ensure that IRC, its mission and work in the areas of operations is known and accepted
- Assist in the continued development of humanitarian access teams and activities across the country
- Oversee and advise on the implementation and review of tailored acceptance strategies
- Maintain a high level of preparedness vis-a-vis predicted contextual fluctuations operationally and programmatically
- Enhance IRC image and acceptance within the community and amongst stakeholders by providing guidance on inclusive visibility strategies
Safety and Security Risk Management and Systems:
- Provide technical support to the CD and Senior Management on all policies, procedures, guidelines and planning for staff safety, operational security and program continuity in Nigeria.
- Evaluate, review and update the security management plans on a regular basis in compliance with global safety and security standards and requirements and in coordination with the security management team in Nigeria.
- Provide daily (DSR), weekly and monthly updates on context evolution and security and access trends.
- Spearhead the revision and update of Safety and Security Guidelines for all operational areas in accordance with IRC global security guidelines.
- Ensure and regularly reassess that IRC vehicles, premises and equipment are compliant with internationally recognized safety and security standards.
- Ensure that communication systems are adequate and maintained.
- Monitor HR / Finance / Logistics working practices within the context of safety and security and alert the relevant coordinators, DDO, and the Country Director if inappropriate decisions are impacting on the safety and security of the team.
- In conjunction with the SMT and other relevant staff, assist in the debriefing of staff that has experienced security incidents or ‘near miss’ incidents.
- Coordinate post-incident follow up actions, analysis, and recommendations.
- Conduct security assessments in new areas of Nigeria prior to entry by IRC program staff, in collaboration with the RSSA.
- A formal security qualification or advanced security management training.
- Substantial practical field experience in security management in a leadership role (e.g. direct INGO security management).
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in insecure/hostile environments.
- Ability to work within a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic team
- Experience in training and coaching national and international staff in safety and security.
- Sound knowledge of humanitarian principles of impartiality and neutrality as outlined in the Humanitarian Charter and the International Red Cross Code of Conduct.
- Strong report writing, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Previous security management work experience with INGOs in Africa.
Ongoing Recruitments You Can Also Apply For Here:
- International Rescue Committee (IRC) Job Recruitment
- Food Concepts Job Recruitment
- Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) Job Recruitment
- Save the Children Nigeria Job Recruitment
- AXA Mansard Job Recruitment
- Independent Corrupt Practices Commission (ICPC) Job Recruitment
- Ericsson Nigeria Job Recruitment
- Alan & Grant Job Vacancies
- Deputy High Commission of Canada Job Recruitment
- Siemens Nigeria Job Recruitment
- Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Job Recruitment
- Swift Networks Job Recruitment
- KPMG Nigeria Vacancies
- Deloitte Nigeria Vacancies
- Leadway Assurance Job Recruitment
- WTS Energy Job Openings
- Fan Milk Plc Job Vacancies
- British Council of Nigeria Job Recruitment
- MasterCard Nigeria Job Recruitment
- Bolt Nigeria Job Recruitment
How to apply for Safety & Security Coordinator at International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should: Click here to apply online
- Not Specified
Trending on Jobs
- Latest Jobs In Nigeria
- Latest Jobs In Lagos
- Latest Jobs In Abuja
- Latest Jobs In Delta
- Latest Jobs In Oyo
- Latest Jobs In Port Harcourt
- Latest Jobs in Anambra
- Latest Jobs In Kano
- Latest Jobs In Kaduna
- Latest Jobs In Borno
- Latest Jobs In Sokoto
- Latest Jobs In Edo
- Latest Jobs In Jos
- Latest Jobs Across Nigeria
Trending on Scholarships
- Apply for Undergraduate Scholarships in Canada, United States Of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Germany, Australia, China, Cyprus, North America, and Russia
- Apply for MSc Scholarships in Canada, United States Of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Germany, Australia, China, Cyprus, North America, and Russia
- Apply for Ph.D. Scholarships in Canada, United States Of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Germany, Australia, China, Cyprus, North America, and Russia
- Apply for Postgraduate Scholarships in Canada, United States Of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Germany, Australia, China, Cyprus, North America, and Russia
Disclaimer: Careerintels is only a job directory, we do not own the jobs we publish on our platforms neither can we influence the HR or recruiting company’s decision. What we provide is the necessary pieces of information required for the job application process that can help you to be selected on the company’s recruitment program.