TheUniversity of Bradford in the United Kingdom is providing the Sanctuary Scholarship awards to potential graduate and undergraduate students in 2021.
The University of Bradford offers these Sanctuary Scholarship awards to allow people seeking asylum, or those prior to now granted refugee status but cannot access student finance, to take part in higher education.
Worth of Sanctuary Scholarship at University of Bradford
Successful candidates for the Sanctuary Scholarship at University of Bradford will be offered:
- Tuition Fee Grant: Successful candidates will be granted a tuition fee-remitted (i.e. no fees) place at the school until such time as they are granted status that enables them to access student finance (if at all)
- A Travel and Course Expenses Grant: Successful candidates will be granted a £500 a year (each year if applicable) fund to help with travel and program expenses
- Personal Support: Furthermore to fee remission, support will be obtainable for students to allow them to identify and surmount barriers to achievement on their degree program and for their prospective careers
- The University of Bradford will not be able to offer any financial assistance for housing or living expenses. Candidates should only submit an application if they are able to support these expenses themselves during their university program. Candidates will be required to provide proof of this.
Eligibility for Sanctuary Scholarship at University of Bradford
You must be:
- an asylum seeker or the spouse/dependant of a person seeking asylum; OR
- an asylum seeker/refugee/spouse/dependant who has been awarded Discretionary Leave to Remain (DLR) or some other form of short-term status; OR
- a refugee who is not able to gain access to student finance due to past study;
- Possess a conditional or unconditional offer of admission from the University of Bradford for September 2021 commencement. For undergraduate program, you have to apply for a Bradford program via UCAS
- Please also note that you are required to apply via UCAS for your university place AND to the University of Bradford for the Scholarship award by filling out the application form.
- Do not make the assumption that because you possess an offer for a program, at Bradford that you will be automatically given consideration for the Scholarship award because you will not.
- Postgraduate candidates will have to apply for a place on a program through the University of Bradford website.
- Candidates are required to meet these strict eligibility conditions and be in a position to confirm their circumstances so as to apply.
- Candidates who do not satisfy the conditions will not be given consideration for the Sanctuary Scholarship at University of Bradford.
- Presently attending a school, college, community or voluntary group which can offer a recommendation in support of your application
- You are also able to obtain a scholarship funding to attend a Pre-sessional English preparation program if your English language level is not adequate enough to satisfy the entry conditions of the University/your program. All candidates will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Do not need support for living costs or housing
- Candidates from all nations, who meet the requirements, are eligible.
How to Apply for Sanctuary Scholarship at University of Bradford
- The application form is can be obtained on the website. Please read the guidance notes completely prior to applying.
- You have to submit a statement from a referee in support of your application, without this statement, they will not be able to review your application.
- Please complete the application form and either send it by post or through email to them – information are on the form.
- Please do not forget to enclose evidence of your qualifications if you have it and your referee’s letter.
For additional details or any queries you can:
- Email: [email protected]
- Tel: 01274 236637
Or place a call to My Bradford Student Support centre in the Richmond Building.
- Applications close on June 30, 2021.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here