SCANL Recruitment is ongoing for the position of Operations Manager within the organisation. Check this post for requirements and how to apply for the role.
Sahel Consulting Agriculture and Nutrition Limited (SCANL) is a foremost management consulting company concentrated on the agricultural and nutrition industries in Africa. They partner with government agencies, private sector companies, and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. They have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa. They are currently recruiting for an anticipated program focused on developing the local Nigerian dairy sector.
Lots of enquiries have been made about the SCANL Recruitment. Some of these questions are listed below.
- How can I apply for SCANL Recruitment?
- Is SCANL Recruitment form out?
- When will SCANL Recruitment start?
- What are the requirements for SCANL Recruitment?
- Is SCANL Recruitment on?
- Where can I obtain the SCANL Recruitment form?
- What is the deadline for SCANL Recruitment?
To give responses to all enquiries, the following information will provide complete details into the ongoing recruitment.
Current Job Opening at SCANL Recruitment
- Operations Manager
Job Position: Operations Manager
Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
Reports to: Chief of Party (CoP)
Travel: Travel across project States in Nigeria
- The Sahel, in collaboration with other partners, seeks to catalyze the local dairy sector in Nigeria in an inclusive way through a program that will improve the livelihoods, productivity, nutrition, and empowerment of smallholder female dairy farmers and the communities in which they live. If approved, the program will span 5 years and will:
- Advocate for an enabling environment for local sourcing through engagements with the government and relevant private sector stakeholders.
- Increase demand for locally sourced milk through partnerships with dairy processors currently or interested in sourcing locally.
- Improve smallholder dairy farmers’ productivity by increasing their access to technical support services and appropriate inputs.
- Empower women dairy farmers and enable them to improve their livelihoods and that of their households.
- Improve nutrition outcomes among smallholder dairy households through innovations in food systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Operations Manager’s primary responsibilities are outlined below:
- S/he is however expected to perform any tasks that are necessary within the context of the evolving needs of the program.
- Program Operations and Compliance:
- Oversee program operations and implement sound internal control practices in all project offices.
- Ensure the program has effective operational procedures and processes in place for office management, local procurement, assets/fleet management and logistics, consultant and subcontractor administration, etc. in alignment with global best practices, Nigerian laws and regulations, Sahel’s policies and standard operating procedures, and donor requirements.
- Manage relationships with subgrantees and subcontractors and ensure they comply with program guidelines.
- Establish policies that promote Sahel’s culture and vision as well as encourage maximum performance and dedication among program team members.
- Lead the development and deployment of human resources strategies, including recruitment, onboarding, performance appraisal, and off-boarding processes. Serve as a point of contact for program personnel-related inquiries. ·
Administrative and Infrastructure:
- Coordinate program offices’ operational processes and logistics.
- Oversee knowledge management and IT systems and processes in compliance with Sahel’s policies and standards. Manage all subcontractors and leasing contracts
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, or related field
- At least eight (8) years of senior-level experience as Operations Manager in top organizations or in large multifarious projects/programs with proven results, skills and a track record of delivering beyond expectancies
- Operational Expertise: Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, and task facilitation Ability to manage multiple priorities/tasks effectively
- Experience leading operations, procurement, HR and admin in a complex, international organization and/or in large multifaceted programs
- Familiarity with and commitment to addressing gender equality is also required
- Leadership Skills: Experience developing and managing a culture of continuous learning and improvement
- Experience managing and coordinating teams to deliver in a complex environment
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills: Superior interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
- Strong negotiation and diplomatic skills to support effective work through implementing partners
- Fluency in the English language, and excellent writing and presentation skills
Job Recruitments in Nigeria You Can Also Apply For Here:
Not interested in this particular job? See other jobs here
Personal Characteristics and Other Requirements:
- Excellent judgment. Ability to understand current issues quickly and make wise decisions
- Possess an outstanding professional reputation
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Willingness to travel across program states within Nigeria, with a focus on Northern Nigeria.
Note: Please note that the position is subject to donor approval of the program
Apply Here for Operations Manager – SCANL Recruitment
Qualified candidates with suitable qualifications and work experience should click here to apply for Operations Manager
- 11th July 2019