Kaplan Business School in Australia invites applications for Scholarships for Asylum Seekers in the 2021/22 academic year.
People seeking asylum are confronted by many challenges that arise from the insecurity they have fled and the unpredictability that awaits them. One such challenge is the funding of a qualification that can strengthen their potential and expand their opportunities. To that effect, Kaplan Business School makes five scholarships available per year for any undergraduate or postgraduate course, one for each campus in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney, equal to 100% of the tuition fees for the full duration of the course.
Worth of Scholarships for Asylum Seekers at Kaplan Business School
- The Scholarships for Asylum Seekers is equal to 100% of the tuition fees for the full duration of the course.
Eligibility for Scholarships for Asylum Seekers at Kaplan Business School
To be eligible for the Scholarships for Asylum Seekers, you must:
- Have satisfied Kaplan Business School’s academic criteria for the program offered.
- Have satisfied Kaplan Business School’s English language adeptness criteria for the program offered or will have met these criteria before starting study with Kaplan Business School.
- Possess either a Temporary Protection Visa (subclass 785) or a Safe Haven Enterprise Visa (subclass 790). For additional details about these visas visit immi.homeaffairs.gov.au.
- Start your program in Trimester 3 (2021) or Trimester 1 or Trimester 2 (2022).
- Not be a beneficiary of any other Kaplan Business School scholarship award, grant or promotion.
How to Apply for Scholarships for Asylum Seekers
- Check Eligibility Criteria and terms and conditions
- Fill out the International Student Application Form and the Scholarship award Application Form
- Compose a 500-word personal statement describing why becoming a beneficiary of this scholarship award is important
- Attach any supporting documentation such as evidence of financial hardship
- Sign and date the student declaration
- Submit your scholarship application to [email protected]
- Kaplan Business School will review each application.
- On the recommendation of a Selection Committee, scholarships will be awarded each trimester to a limited number of students who have demonstrated that they meet the selection criteria to the satisfaction of Kaplan Business School. The decision of the Kaplan Business School Panel will be final.
Terms and Conditions
- Candidates should not have started or concluded any other higher academic program at an Australian institution.
- Once enrolled, scholarship recipients must maintain an enrolment of at least one subject per trimester.
- Grades are required to be maintained at a Pass average.
- Once a campus-based scholarship has been awarded, it will be 12 months before it is next offered for that campus.
- Students can opt for an online enrolment instead.
- Quotas apply.
- Scholarship awards are only granted to students who satisfy the Eligibility Criteria.
- Kaplan Business School reserves the right to offer scholarships at its sole discretion.
- Kaplan Business School reserves the right to withdraw any offer of a scholarship where the student has not yet accepted the offer or enrolled in the course by the date specified in the Letter of Offer. Scholarship awards are not obtainable to students coming to Kaplan Business School through sponsoring bodies.
- Kaplan Business School retains the right to amend the terms and conditions of the Scholarship for Asylum Seekers at any time.
Applications for the Scholarships for Asylum Seekers will need to be submitted by September 10, 2021.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here