BBC World Services Vacancies, Vacancies at BBC World Services. The organization is recruiting and there are available job openings at BBC World Services Vacancies.
The BBC is a worldwide multimedia broadcaster on TV, radio, online and social networks with a weekly worldwide audience of over 320 million. As part of a remarkable and thrilling expansion of BBC Africa, the BBC World Service is starting a new Sports weekly TV program and ground-breaking digital sports content with current African Sport output. They are hiring to fill the following positions described below.
Job Title: Shoot Edit
Job Reference: BBC/TP/1394352/45325
Contract Type: Fixed Term – Full Time
Job Category: Journalism
Business Unit: News – WSG World Service
Grade: Local Terms and Conditions
Reports to: Deployments Editor, West Africa
- Offering creative ideas on how to film and illustrate news stories and features
- Filming and sending video to base on breaking news stories
- Shooting and editing complete news and feature packages
- Recording presenter links and pieces to camera in creative ways and to edit full programmes
- Working closely with reporters to develop scripts and occasionally writing material. Field- producing news coverage, when needed
- Working abroad and in hostile environments.
It is vital that you have excellent command of spoken and written English and any Nigerian language. It is imperative that you have the right to work in Nigeria.
- Shooting video of the highest quality for either live transmission or recording, providing a representative visual and audio account of events. This will include camerawork, sound work and lighting in the field and where required, at base.
- Contributing original ideas to improve the visual and journalistic content of the story and being aware of the different styles and formats.
- Selecting, preparing and editing material for broadcast and meeting strict transmission deadlines.
- Field producing including research, writing and production as required.
- Setting up and coordinating on-site facilities to meet programme needs, including leading teams e.g. on multiple camera shoots.
- On occasion, undertaking interviews and some journalistic duties on location in both recorded and live situations.
- Responsible for getting to locations with the appropriate equipment, often on their own.
- Liaising effectively and establishing good relationships with all other contacts both outside and within the BBC.
- Maintaining professional standards of accuracy and impartiality and fair dealing in line with BBC guidelines.
- Contributing to the development of operational procedures and maximize the use of existing and new technology.
- Operating within the BBC’s Safety and Editorial Guidelines. At all times maintaining professional journalistic, ethical and technical standards.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience Required
- Fluent in English and, any other Nigerian language, both in written and spoken form
- Candidates will have relevant experience in a News broadcasting environment, practicing a range of location craft skills (e.g. camerawork/lighting/editing/location facilities).
- Proven knowledge of issues and stories relevant to African audiences.
- Experience of filming, editing and packaging content for TV and radio.
- Must possess the complete range of location craft and technical abilities, the ability to run latest broadcast technical equipment on location and at base, proving a well-developed sense of visual awareness and a zeal to learn how to utilise new technology and kit.
- Experience of operating in a specialist area.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload, react positively to situations at short notice and plan ahead.
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with colleagues across BBC News and with organisations outside the BBC. Exercise diplomacy with people where necessary.
- Values variety and individual differences and help create a culture, environment and practices which respect and value differences.
- Demonstrable editorial awareness and judgment combined with a thorough understanding of the editorial aims and policies of the BBC.
- Full driving license desirable but not required.
The successful individual will be needed to travel at short notice and may be required to work across Africa, sometimes for a lot of days and maybe requested to work in hostile environments.
Application Closing Date
10th November 2019.
Ongoing Recruitments You Can Also Apply for Here:
- British American Tobacco (BAT) Vacancies
- Maersk Group Job Vacancies
- Norwegian Refugee Council Vacancies
- Oracle Nigeria Job Vacancies
- Guinness Nigeria Plc Vacancies
- Oyo State Hospitals Management Board Vacancies
- Promasidor Nigeria Vacancies
- Lumos Nigeria Job Vacancies
- Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Vacancies
- Lidya Global Job Vacancies
- WINCO Foam Industries Limited Vacancies
- Nioda Nigeria Limited Job Vacancies
- Lifemate Nigeria Limited Job Vacancies
- HOR Logistics Job Vacancies
- BSS Consulting Limited Job Vacancies
- Chams PLC Job Vacancies
- Spanish Villa Hotel Job Vacancies
- Finchglow Travels Graduate Trainee & Experience Job Vacancies
- OTP Internet Technology (9 Credit) Job Vacancies
- Pacific School Comprehensive College Job Vacancies
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should: Click here to apply online
State Government Recruitment in Nigeria:
- Imo State Government Recruitment
- Delta State Government Recruitment
- Rivers State Government Recruitment
- Lagos State University Job Vacancies
- Lagos State Civil Service Commission Recruitment
- LASEMA Recruitment
- Kano State Government Recruitment
- OAU Recruitment
Take A Tour:
Also, Apply for Federal Government jobs in Nigeria:
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment
- NNPC Recruitment
- Nigerian Army Recruitment
- Npower Recruitment
- Nigerian Police Force Recruitment
- EFCC Recruitment
- Defense Intelligence Agency Recruitment
- NIMC Recruitment
- Nabda Recruitment
- NYSC Recruitment
- Nigerian Customs Service Recruitment
- Federal Fire Service Recruitment
- FRIN Recruitment
- Nigerian Airforce DSSC Recruitment
- Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment
- SSS DSS Nigeria Recruitment
- P-YES Recruitment
- NAFDAC Recruitment
- NAPTIP Recruitment
- NBMA Recruitment
- Nigerian Broadcasting Commission Recruitment
- National University Commission Recruitment
- Nigerian Prison Service Recruitment
- DPR Recruitment
- NIA Recruitment
- FEPA Recruitment
- FIRS Recruitment
- NEMA Recruitment
- NDLEA Recruitment
- Federal Task Force Recruitment
- Federal Government Recruitment
- Federal Road Safety Corps Recruitment
- VIO Recruitment
- FCSC Nigeria Recruitment
- National Planning Commission Recruitment
- Federal Government Recruitment
- Nigerian Breweries Recruitment
- NUT Recruitment
- NERC Recruitment
- Nigerian Gas Company Recruitment
- NDDC Recruitment
- Nigerian Railway Corporation Recruitment
- National Bureau of Statistics Recruitment
- NABTEB Recruitment
- Security Exchange Commission Recruitment
- NITDA Recruitment
- SON Nigeria Recruitment
- NIMASA Recruitment
- FMARD Recruitment
Not interested in these particular jobs? See other jobs here