Skoll Center for Social Entrepreneurship and the Oxford Saïd Business School welcomes applications for the Skoll MBA Scholarship award for foreign candidates in the UK 2022.
Oxford University has a strong tradition of creating leaders. Their MBA program stands on this legacy, offering you a solid base in core business principles while growing a widened mindset and comprehension of the role of business in society. You will be prompted to delve deep into the fields that interest you most and acquire the strategic skills and understanding to lead a successful, purposeful career.
The Skoll MBA Scholarship award is financed by a generous donation from the Skoll Foundation and is managed by the Skoll Centre, which is located at the Saïd Business School, University of Oxford. The Skoll Centre usually awards up to four scholarship awards every year.
The Skoll MBA Scholarship award is a competitive award for new MBA candidates to Saïd Business School, University of Oxford, who seek entrepreneurial solutions for pressing social and environmental problems. The Skoll MBA Scholarship award offers aid for entrepreneurs who have created, or have been working in, entrepreneurial enterprises with a social objective or who have sought an impact career, and who wish to develop their knowledge of market-oriented methods so they can be more efficient in their succeeding social change pursuits.
Furthermore to financial aid, the Scholarship award enables access to the Skoll Scholar community, a cohort of leaders who are collectively impacting the world via invention and systems change, and also exclusive chances to meet with world-famous entrepreneurs, thought leaders, and stakeholders.
The Scholarship award is granted in recognition that the MBA may represent a substantial financial stress, especially for those who have elected to work in the social impact/innovation space instead of the purely commercial or public space.
Worth of Award
- The Skoll MBA Scholarship award is intended to provide the Oxford Saïd MBA program fees, which is £59,490.
- Extra funds of a minimum of £14,985 are granted as a contribution towards living costs.
- In rare cases, partial scholarship awards may be granted.
Eligibility for Skoll MBA Scholarship
To be qualified for the Skoll MBA Scholarship award, you have to meet the following conditions:
- Have commenced a new social venture or an enterprise within an existing establishment, or sought positive change as an impact career professional (i.e. someone who has utilised entrepreneurial methods to address the same social/environmental problem with a clear core thread that merges their work) for preferably 3 years or more by the time you put in for the MBA program;
- Proven evidence of personal qualities deeply reverberating with entrepreneurial leadership;
- Have showcased how a business education will assist in furthering your career goals;
- Have displayed the need for financial assistance.
How to Apply for Skoll MBA Scholarship
To submit an application for the Skoll MBA Scholarship, follow these processes:
- Link up with them to register your interest in the Scholarship award and ensure you are kept up to date with broadcasts about upcoming closing dates.
- Submit an application for the MBA program straight to Saïd Business School. You’ll have to do this during stages 1,2, or 3 of the MBA admissions stage for the 2022-23 academic session.
- Submit your responses to the Skoll Scholarship essay questions as part of your MBA application, and hand in your MBA application! You’ll see the Scholarship award essay questions under the “Funding” area of the MBA application.
- It is recommended that you start your application early to allow yourself about 1-weeks’ time to give response the Skoll Scholarship essay questions.
- The MBA Admissions Team will then evaluate your application to make sure you satisfy the academic conditions sought by the Saïd Business School and decide if you are admitted onto the MBA program or not.
Application end on January 8, 2022
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here