SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2019 is available to Nigerian students. Are you interested and want to know how to apply for this scholarship? Read here.
The Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) of Nigeria is pleased to declare the eighth yearly SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme for candidates from Rivers, Delta, Imo and the Bayelsa States. The aim of the scheme is to offer an opportunity for qualifying students from these Niger Delta States to further their education in programs that are relevant to the oil and gas industry.
In the eight years of this program, 79 scholars have earned the chance to study at top-rated universities in the UK on full funding.
For the academic session beginning in September 2019, SPDC in association with three universities in the UK – Imperial College London; University of Leeds; and University of Aberdeen will grant scholarships for one-year post-graduate M.Sc. programs.
The award will comprise tuition, one economy return-flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and support towards living costs only.
Many questions are being asked about SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme. These questions include:
- How can I apply for SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme?
- When is the deadline for SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme?
- When will SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme start?
- What are the benefits of SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme?
- What are the requirements for SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme?
Answer to these questions and more will be provided in the following information as presented below.
Eligibility for SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2019
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must
- display sound intellectual ability and leadership potential.
- satisfy the individual university’s English Language prerequisites (typically at least 6.5 in IELTS score effective for Sept. 2018 admission). Please be aware that TOEFL is no longer accepted by nearly all UK universities. Applicants are instructed that failure to satisfy each university’s English Language conditions at the time of selection may nullify their application.
- be aged between 21-28 years by 30/09/2019.
- be an indigene of Rivers, Delta, Imo or the Bayelsa States (documentary proof of this will be required and will be verified).
- currently, reside in Nigeria.
- intend to go back to Nigeria at the conclusion of the anticipated program of study.
- have acquired a university degree (minimum of the equivalent of a UK Second Class Upper Honours degree).
- not have studied before now in the UK or any other developed nation
- possess a Nigerian international passport usable till December 2020
- be neither a current or former employee (who has left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC or the Royal Dutch Shell Group or any Shell company or the local Nigerian consultant
- not be a partner, child or ward of the employee of Shell Companies in Nigeria or the native Nigerian consultant
Courses for SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2019
The following programs are eligible for grant of scholarships at the three institutions:
Imperial College London
- MSc Petroleum Engineering
- MSc Petroleum Geoscience
University of Aberdeen
- MSc Geophysics
- MSc Safety & Reliability Engineering for Oil & Gas
- MSc Advanced Chemical Engineering
- MSc Integrated Petroleum Geoscience
University of Leeds
- MSc Exploration Geophysics
- MSc Electronic/Electrical Engineering
Not qualified for this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here.
How to Apply for SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2019
- Put in an application for admission to any of the partaking universities for any of the qualifying programs.
- Application forms for the award will ONLY be accessible via the websites of the Imperial College London, the University of Leeds and the University of Aberdeen, following an official offer of admission by the university.
- The universities will treat applications and choose applicants to attend interviews before being deliberated for final selection.
- Finished scholarship application forms must get to partaking universities and the local Nigerian consultant by June 15, 2019.
More details on specific program admission conditions can be gotten from the websites of the three individual universities.
- Please be aware that the stipends (living costs) are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) circulated living rates and are restricted to this only.
- This is a non-committal scholarship. Be aware that NEITHER SPDC NOR any Shell company is obliged to provide employment of any sort to any applicant upon graduation, neither are successful applicants bonded to SPDC for any period of time on account of the scholarship grant.
Deadline for SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2019
- June 15, 2019