StreSERT Services Recruitment 2019 is for a Chartered Accountant. See the guide on requirements and how to apply for this position in this post.
StreSERT Services Limited’s client, a Law establishment situated in Lagos State, is looking to hire suitably qualified applicants to fill the position described below.
This post will help to provide answers to the questions that have surrounded the StreSERT Services Recruitment 2019:
- When will StreSERT Services Recruitment 2019 start?
- Is StreSERT Services Recruitment 2019 on?
- How can I apply for StreSERT Services Recruitment 2019?
- What are the requirements for StreSERT Services Recruitment 2019?
- Where can I obtain the StreSERT Services Recruitment 2019 form?
- What is the deadline for StreSERT Services Recruitment 2019?
- Is StreSERT Services Recruitment 2019 form out?
Details on this recruitment are provided below.
Current Job Opening at StreSERT Services Recruitment 2019
- Chartered Accountant
Job Position: Accountant (Chartered)
Job Location: Lagos
Department: Administration & Support
Supervisor: Managing Partner/Practice Manager
- Responsible for the firm’s financial management function.
- Manages the accounts and ensures adequate financial controls.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees and directs all general accounting functions, including a chart of accounts and general ledger, cash receipts, and accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, petty cash, bank reconciliation, and client trust accounts.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate internal controls to safeguard assets, to ensure proper accounting of transactions and to promote operational efficiency within the Accounts Unit and throughout the law office.
- Prepares the firm’s annual budget and cash flow projections.
- Uses and is familiar with the Firm’s financial computer systems, manuals, and procedures. Maintains and updates the procedural manual as needed.
- Maintains adequate records of all transactions and ensures that transactions are posted daily / weekly (i.e. local banking transactions, receipts, cheque payments, petty cash transactions, fee notes, etc).
- Prepares the firm’s Partnership Accounts and Management Reports including monthly P & L and Balance Sheet.
- Conducts monthly bank reconciliation.
- Prepares the monthly Staff payroll and coordinates such matters with the Practice Manager.
- Responsible for the statutory deductions of PAYE Tax, Pension, Withholding Tax and VAT, and remittance to the relevant local authorities on a monthly basis.
- Coordinates / supervises the firm’s annual audit in collaboration with the External Auditors.
- Prepares a schedule of monthly fee notes and clients’ payment status.
- Maintains proper inventory of the Firm’s assets through the Fixed Assets Register.
- Maintains records of staff travel advances and compilation of un-retired advances at the end of each month.
- Prepares cheque payment vouchers and writes cheques for the Managing Partner’s signatures.
- Acts as an interface between the firm and its bankers.
- Assists in the Firm’s debt collection efforts. Ensures receivables are paid in a timely manner.
- Supervises the work of the Accounts Clerk.
- Performs cash management functions. Ensures Client accounts are properly funded.
- Acts as back-up to the Practice Manager.
- Any other responsibility assigned by the line manager.
- A graduate with a background in Accounting.
- Minimum of 7 – 8 years of core accounting duties with the ability to work without supervision.
- The Candidate must be an Associate member of ICAN or ACCA.
- Organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Reporting skills, deadline-oriented, time management.
- Reasoning ability, mathematical ability, and logical thinking skills.
- Problem-solving and Effective time-management skills.
- Proficient with MS Office (word, excel, Powerpoint) a MUST and knowledge of essential accounting software usage such as Peachtree, Sage, SAP, Tally, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
Salary and Benefits
- Proposed salary is net monthly N350, 000
- Other benefits include the 13th Month salary, Health Insurance + Dependents, Mobile Phone & Allowance, Leave Allowance & Performance Bonus.
Jobs In Nigeria You Can Also Apply For Here:
Not interested in this particular job? See other jobs here
How to Apply for Chartered Accountant – StreSERT Services Recruitment 2019
Are you interested and qualified? Please forward your CV to [email protected] stating “LFA_the name of law firm worked in the past/current” e.g. LFA_Taiye Kehinde & Co. /Falana and Udoma & Co. as the subject of the mail
Note: Chartered Accountants with prior experience in Law Firms will be invited for interviews.
- 26th May 2019