Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Sweden is welcoming applications for Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals in the 2022/2023 academic year. Scholarship awards are granted to students from chosen nations for full-time master’s degree level education in Sweden.
The contest for Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals is quite high. Typically, 2-6 % of the candidates are granted a SISGP scholarship award. They suggest that you also take a look at other scholarship award opportunities from your government, from establishments in your home nation, or from Swedish universities.
Candidates from outside the home nation will often need to satisfy specific English language/other language conditions so as to be able to study there.
Worth of Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals
The Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals provide
- Tuition fees: paid directly to the university
- Living costs of SEK 10,000 per month
- Travel award of SEK 15,000 *
- Insurance against illness and accident
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL) – a channel to build your network and experience, while in Sweden
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network following your scholarship award period – a channel for additional professional development and to stay in touch
Eligibility for Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals
- Category 1 – around 50 scholarship awards will be obtainable for nationals of Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Cambodia, Burkina-Faso, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Kenya, Ethiopia, Mali, Liberia, Myanmar (Burma), Mozambique, South Sudan, Rwanda, Tanzania, Sudan, Zambia, Uganda, and Zimbabwe.
- Category 2 – around 60 scholarship awards will be obtainable for nationals of Colombia, Egypt, Brazil, Indonesia, Ghana, Iran, and Vietnam.
- Special initiative – up to 10 scholarship awards will be obtainable for nationals of South Africa in connection with the Binational Commission arrangement between Sweden and South Africa. Nationals of South Africa should submit applications within the Swedish Institute Study Scholarships for South Africa, since the eligibility conditions and application process vary for this special initiative.
- Category 3 – around 60 scholarship awards will be obtainable for nationals of nations on the DAC list of ODA nationals other than the above listed and those nations included in other SI scholarship award programs. There is no quota set for any particular nation.
- Work experience: You are required to possess at least 3,000 hours of proven full-time or part-time employment, paid/unpaid internship, voluntary work, and/or position of trust.
- Leadership experience: You are required to possess proven leadership experience from employment, voluntary work, and/or internship after high school education.
Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals – How to Apply
- Candidate should submit an application online through the joint Swedish application portal.
- Apply for a master’s program through their website.
- Apply for a SISS scholarship award
The assessment and selection process:
- Screening. Disqualifying all candidates who do not fulfill the eligibility conditions or that did not submit an acceptable application.
- Evaluation before admissions. Assessment and grading of all qualified applications.
- Evaluation after admissions. Final assessment of applications that has been accepted to an eligible master’s program.
- Gathering a shortlist of the best and most qualified applicants.
- Final selection. Scholarship award beneficiaries are chosen, thus rounding up the assessment and selection process.
After the application closing date, they perform a screening of all applications and exclude those that do not fulfill the eligibility conditions for Global Professionals. If you did not follow the instructions for the required credentials, like incomplete application, missing valid stamp, wrong form, etc., then your application will also be taken out. Reasons are provided in the guidelines in the forms and on the website. Therefore, you should go through all the information prudently.
Application closing date for university admission is January 15, 2022, while that of the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals is February 28, 2022. 23:59 CET
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Sweden scholarships here