TED is taking applications for the TED Fellows Program for Extraordinary, Multidisciplinary Individuals and innovators in the United States in 2022.
The TED Fellows Programme acknowledges people at work on future-shaping ideas, offering them tools to intensify the power of their vision. Every year, a new group of TED Fellows from all over the world, and from every discipline, are welcomed into this international community of extraordinary thinkers and doers who have demonstrated unusual achievement, extraordinary courage, the strength of character, and the prospect to create positive change in their respective fields.
After becoming a part of the network, TED Fellows report augmented clarity of mission, improved self-confidence and enhanced recognition of their ideas and research. Access to the TED community allows TED Fellows to link up with global leaders who become business associates, collaborators, funders and mentors. With the program’s backing, TED Fellows, being granted prestigious prizes and grants, become more grounded as leaders in their fields, have obtained millions of dollars in funding for their research and have been published extensively.
Worth of TED Fellows Program
- TED Fellows get transformational support.
- The program provides them TED’s power to help express and amplify their vision.
- It supports TED Fellows with the personal capacity-building required to take the international stage.
- TED Fellows are also armed with public speaking and media training, professional mentoring, and academic programming.
- Yet again, they are linked to an international network of peers and industry leaders.
Eligibility for TED Fellows Program
- The TED Fellows Program acknowledges the folks working on the ground on world-changing ideas — the doers, makers, advocates, inventors, filmmakers and photographers, educators, musicians and artists, scientists, entrepreneurs, not-for-profit leaders, and human rights activists. If you’re working on a future-shaping idea and above the age of 18, you should apply.
- Furthermore to impressive achievement, fine character and a good heart are also crucial traits looked for in TED Fellows.
TED Fellows are chosen by the program staff, with comprhensive reference checking, fact checking and consultation with specialists across all fields.
Your written application is central to their selection procedure. They read every application and recommend you to read their tips for applying before handing in your application. These suggestions are a guide to what they are looking for when they review your application.
Candidates may receive requests for extra information from their team. But unless they reach out to you, they require no additional information from you.
In the end, there is no algorithm for how they choose their TED Fellows. They choose Fellows on the basis of their achievements in their respective fields, the potential influence of their work and also their character. The ideal candidate is collaborative in their pursuits and in their nature, and is at a moment in their career to make the most of the support of the TED community.
How to Apply for TED Fellows Program
- To put in for the TED Fellows Programme, you’ll present an application online during the open application cycle.
- Your written application is the major means for displaying your work — tell TED what makes your work distinctive and impactful.
- Please write distinctly for a general audience and presume TED knows nothing about your field.
Once they have gotten your application, they start reading. They read every application, and therefore the selection procedure takes time. You can expect to hear back from them 8 months after the application window closes. All candidates are gotten back to whether or not they have been chosen to join the TED Fellows program.
- The TED Fellows program is not an academic fellowship program and non-traditional educations are welcome.
- Only applications composed in English language will be accepted. Similarly, late submissions will not be taken.
The closing date to submit your application is June 30, 2021, at 11:59 pm UTC.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other USA scholarships here