The U.S. Fulbright Scholar Program for International Students 2019 is currently accepting applications. Read here for requirements and how to apply.
The U.S. Fulbright Scholar Program provides almost 470 teaching, research or mixture teaching/research grants in over 125 nations for international students. Chances are open for college and university faculty and administrators also for artists, professionals, scientists, journalists, lawyers, independent scholars, and several others. Furthermore to numerous new program models intended to meet the changing needs of U.S. academics and specialists, Fulbright is presenting more opportunities for amenable, multi-country awards.
These questions are making the rounds concerning The U.S. Fulbright Scholar Program:
- How can I apply for The U.S. Fulbright Scholar Program?
- When is the deadline for The U.S. Fulbright Scholar Program?
- When will The U.S. Fulbright Scholar Program start?
- What are the benefits of The U.S. Fulbright Scholar Program?
- What are the requirements for The U.S. Fulbright Scholar Program?
Read the post below to find the answers we have provided to these questions.
Table of Contents
Eligibility for The U.S. Fulbright Scholar Program for International Students 2019
Candidates must meet all of the ensuing requirements at the time of application except explicit exceptions apply.
- S. citizenship – permanent residence is not enough. If you are not a national of the United States and would love to put in for a grant to visit the U.S., please check the Visiting Fulbright Scholar Program.
- Beneficiaries of a Fulbright Scholar award are qualified to apply for another Fulbright Scholar award two years after the date of the conclusion of the preceding grant. (For serial or Flex awards, the two-year period starts at the end of the final award in the series.) See below for extra guidelines.
- Applicants who have lived abroad for five or more successive years in the six-year period prior to the date of submission are ineligible. In this situation, a period of nine months or more during a calendar year is measured to comprise a full year abroad.
- Fresh college graduates with restricted specialized experience are ineligible for attention under the Fulbright Scholar Program. As an alternative, such candidates can visit the Fulbright Student Program.
- Graduate or doctoral students looking for backing to complete their degrees are not eligible for consideration in the Fulbright Scholar Program. As an alternative, such candidates can check the Fulbright Student Program.
- Strong physical and mental health: chosen applicants are required to tender a Medical History and Examination Report before their awards can be completed.
- Awards shall not sanction engagement in pastoral, evangelism, or other professional religious undertakings.
- Awards shall not sanction engagement in undertakings for which a certificate to practice medicine or nursing is mandatory.
Not qualified for this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here.
Please note: Applicants who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States will be granted preference, given their credentials are almost equivalent to those of other applicants.
How to Apply for The U.S. Fulbright Scholar Program for International Students 2019
Required for all applicants
- Online Application| Instructions | Discipline-Specialization List
- Project Statement: Requirements
- Tailored Curriculum Vitae or Resume: Requirements
- Recommendation Letters: Requirements
- Portfolio: For candidates in the creative/performing arts, comprising: Architecture, Creative Writing, Design and Crafts, Dance, Journalism, Filmmaking, Theater Arts, Music, Visual Arts - Requirements
Deadline for The U.S. Fulbright Scholar Program for International Students 2019
It is important that all necessary application constituents for the 2020-21 U.S. Scholar Program be whole and submitted by the application closing date: Monday, September 16, 2019.