UNICEF Nigeria Recruitment 2019 is ongoing. If you know you have what it takes and qualified, kindly check out job positions and how to apply below.
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) operates in some of the world’s toughest places, to have access to world’s most disadvantaged children, to save their lives, to protect their rights and to help them develop and achieve their potentials. In 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
There have been many uncertainties among job seekers concerning the UNICEF Nigeria Recruitment 2019. Some of the questions being asked are:
- How can I apply for UNICEF Nigeria Recruitment 2019?
- Is UNICEF Nigeria Recruitment 2019 on?
- What are the requirements for UNICEF Nigeria Recruitment 2019?
- What is the deadline for UNICEF Nigeria Recruitment 2019?
- When will UNICEF Nigeria Recruitment 2019 start?
- Where can I obtain the UNICEF Nigeria Recruitment 2019 form?
- Is UNICEF Nigeria Recruitment 2019 form out?
We have addressed all of these questions in our post below. Read through carefully.
Current Job Openings at UNICEF Nigeria Recruitment 2019
- Health Specialist NO-3
- Programme Assistant
- FT Administrative Assistant (GS-4)
- International Polio Eradication and Transition Consultant (P3 level)
- Nutrition Officer (NO-B)
- Chief Field Officer P-4
Job Position – Health Specialist NO-3
- Job Number: 523105
- Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Job Type: Fixed Term Appointment
Job Description for Health Specialist NO-3 – UNICEF Nigeria Recruitment 2019
- Give assistance and contribution to the preparation, design and updating of the situation analysis for the sector(s) to device a strategic plan for development, design and management of health-related programmes.
- Engage in strategic programme discussions on the planning of health programmes.
- Create a sector of the health programme proposal, enforcing alignment with UNICEF’s Strategic Plan, the Country Programme, as well as coherence/integration with the UN Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF).
- Establish specific programme goals, objectives, strategies, and implementation plans based on results-based planning terminology and methodology (RBM). Prepare the required documentation for programme review and approval.
- Liaise and collaborate with colleagues and partners to discuss strategies and methodologies
- Supervise exercises, programme reviews and annual sectoral reviews with the government and other counterparts to assess progress and to determine required action/interventions to achieve results.
- Actively monitor programmes/projects through field visits, surveys and/or exchange of information with partners/stakeholders to assess progress, identify bottlenecks, potential problems
- Supervise the state data consultants and ensure the regular updating of data and the health dashboard
- Lead and supervise the programme consultants and ensure their deployment to ensure implementation of the health strategy
- Establish effective close working partnerships with health sector government counterparts, national stakeholders, as well as global partners.
Job Requirements for Health Specialist NO-3 – UNICEF Recruitment 2019
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in one of the following fields is required: Public Health/Nutrition, Pediatric Health, Family Health, Health Research, Global/International Health, Health Policy and/or Management.
- Not less than five years of relevant professional work experience in one or more of the following areas is required: public health planning and management, maternal and neonatal health care, or health emergency preparedness.
- Experience of working in an emergency setting is an asset.
- Relevant work experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of the local language of the duty station is an asset.
Apply Here for Health Specialist NO-3
Interested candidates with fitting qualifications should click here to apply for Health Specialist NO-3
Deadline: June 28, 2019
Job Position – Programme Assistant
- Job Number: 523098
- Location: Sokoto, Kano
- Job Type: Fixed Term Appointment
- Job Level: GS-5
Job Description for Programme Assistant – UNICEF Recruitment 2019
- Supports the respective section by carrying out a range of procedural, administrative, and operational tasks.
- Compiles data and information on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate the preparation of reports and presentations.
- Executes transactions in VISION affirming programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs) and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
- Monitor both internally with the supply section and externally with counterparts to make sure of supplies for programme execution are delivered in a prompt and exact manner.
- Supervises budgets expenditure and finance of section, enforcing compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations and keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision and follow up.
- Supports the processing of contracts for consultants and external partners pertaining to the section.
- Obtain and disseminate information as needed in support of improving the processes and daily operations of the section.
Job Requirements for Programme Assistant – UNICEF Nigeria Recruitment 2019
- Secondary School Leaving Certificate is required, preferably complemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible work experience in administration, programme support or clerical work is required.
- Fluent in the local language of the duty station is highly desirable.
Apply Here for Programme Assistant
Candidates with matching qualification should click here to apply for Programme Assistant
Deadline: June 27, 2019
Job Position – FT Administrative Assistant (GS-4)
- Job Number: 523065
- Location: Kaduna
- Job Type: Fixed Term Appointment
Job Description for FT Administrative Assistant (GS-4) – UNICEF Recruitment 2019
- Enacts a variety of administrative/HR duties related to the administration of the office.
- Searches office administrative and personnel files and records relating to a variety of topics for information and references.
- Acquire information and records using specified format for use by the Operations Officer and other staff in preparing reports, correspondence, technical papers, plans and general reference documents.
- Assists staff members and their dependents in processing requests for visas, identity cards, and other necessary administrative-related documents.
- Drafts routine correspondence which may be of confidential nature via oral instructions, previous correspondence, policy and procedure manuals or other available information sources.
- Classifies and codes material relating to a number of subject matters and keeps staff and general office files.
- Makes requisitions for stationery; distributes and maintains inventory record for the Operations unit of the field office.
Job Requirements for FT Administrative Assistant (GS-4) – UNICEF Nigeria Recruitment 2019
- Secondary school Leaving Certificate complemented by University Education or its equivalent in Office Administration or Secretarial studies.
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant administrative or clerical work experience.
- Fluent use of English both verbal and written. Knowledge of one other UN working languages is desirable.
- Familiar with the local language of the duty station is an asset.
Apply Here for FT Administrative Assistant (GS-4)
Candidates with matching qualification should click here to apply for FT Administrative Assistant
Deadline: June 26, 2019
Job Position – International Polio Eradication and Transition Consultant (P3 level)
- Job Number: 523013
- Location: Nigeria
- Job Type: Consultancy
- Duration: 6 months
Job Description for International Polio Eradication and Transition Consultant (P3 level) – UNICEF Recruitment 2019
- Coordinate with State team on planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of VCM network by rationalizing human resource, support supplemental immunization activities, especially the advocacy and social communication component.
- Adopt and utilize the right communication models at the community level in all high-risk LGAs in State.
- Give technical guidance in the design, preparation and use of targeted communication strategies appropriate for communities.
- Lend assistance to State Governments and State teams to prepare micro plans and make other arrangements to make sure of good quality SIAs and other interventions.
- Present leadership and direction in the application and use of social data for advancing strategies for IPD and for in between rounds activities.
- Execute national Communication for Development Strategic Framework and Polio legacy in action priorities.
- Guide the development and implementation of a learning needs assessment of the Volunteer Community Mobilizer network to inform the design and assess the impact of a capacity development strategy.
- Support the development of a roll-out plan, including the identification of training focal points and training of master trainers within the capacity development strategy.
- Develop and produce relevant training materials and job aides to support the work of the field staff.
- Support CHIPS implementation process and ensure 1:1 VCM to CHIPS transition through engagement at state LGA and various level.
Job Requirements for International Polio Eradication and Transition Consultant (P3 level) – UNICEF Recruitment 2019
- A University Degree in Medicine/Social Sciences/Public Health/Business Administration/Communication/Statistics or related technical field preferably in Communications and social mobilization.
- Working experience in Polio field, human resource development and data management or research will be an added advantage.
- At least Five (5) years progressively responsible professional work experience in Polio eradication at the national level.
- Fluency in English, knowledge of another UN working language is desirable.
- Experience working in one of the currently polio-endemic countries will be an added advantage.
- Proficient use of computer including internet navigation and various office application.
- Demonstration of ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
Apply Here for International Polio Eradication and Transition Consultant (P3 level)
Qualified candidates should click here to apply for International Polio Eradication and Transition Consultant (P3 level)
Deadline: June 25, 2019
Job Recruitment In Nigeria You Can Also Apply For Here:
Not interested in this particular job? See other jobs here
Job Position – Nutrition Officer (NO-B)
- Job Number: 522952
- Location: Abuja
- Job Type: Temporary Appointment
Job Description for Nutrition Officer (NO-B) – UNICEF Nigeria Recruitment 2019
- Give assistance to supervise the budget expenditure of dietary assessment and micronutrients survey activities.
- Compose and implement technical support on biomarker component of the survey.
- Build and stabilize various pieces of technical information, minutes of technical meetings as may be required.
- Constantly record key action points and monitor with key stakeholders to make sure of the execution of agreed actions.
- Analyse funding request from survey’s executing partners and ensure the appropriateness of financial, administrative and programmatic documentation.
- Bolster the preparation of donor reports as it relates to the survey.
- Supervise the survey execution and suggest actions for UNICEF’s action.
- Monitor supplies against utilization and gaps to avoid pipeline break.
Job Requirements for Nutrition Officer (NO-B) – UNICEF Recruitment 2019
- Must have a University Degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Nutrition, Nutritional Epidemiology Public Health and Nutrition, Food Science and Nutrition or other relevant disciplines.
- A minimum of two years of credible professional work experience.
- Relatable experience in nutrition research; administering nutrition surveys; micronutrients and dietary evaluation.
- Proficient in analytical, research methodology and statistical skills.
- Excellent in the use of English both written and oral and the local working language of the duty station.
Apply Here for Nutrition Officer (NO-B)
Qualified candidates should click here to apply Here for Nutrition Officer (NO-B)
Deadline: June 23, 2019
Job Position – Chief Field Officer P-4
- Job Number: 522919
- Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Job Type: Fixed Term Appointment
Job Description for Chief Field Officer P-4 – UNICEF Nigeria Recruitment 2019
- Give technical advice and engage in social policy dialogue and development with the Government.
- Participate in and create constructive dialogue and partnerships between international and local stakeholders to bolster the development of social policies and programmes contributing to the advancing realization of children’s rights and complimenting of executing and supervising mechanisms at all levels of society.
- Monitor current information on state budgeting and spending patterns for social programmes on a continuous basis.
- Formulate programme plans of action for children at provincial and district levels.
- Reinforce the relationship between sectors and between different levels of government structures for policy implementation.
- Present prompt constant data-driven analysis for effective prioritization, planning, and development.
- Advocates awareness on children’s rights with both the general public and with policymakers.
- Recognize other critical partners and promote awareness and capacity of partners.
- Support and engage in effective and efficient planning, management, coordination, supervision and evaluation of the country programme.
Job Requirements for Chief Field Officer P-4 – UNICEF Nigeria Recruitment 2019
- Must have a university degree in Social Sciences.
- Eight years of relatable professional work experience.
- Fluent use of English, both verbal and written.
- Familiar with official UN language or a local language.
Apply Here for Chief Field Officer P-4
Candidates with fitting qualification should click here to apply for Chief Field Officer P-4