Application for University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship for International Students is currently on. This post provides information on how to apply and requirements.
The University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship offers financial backing to assist doctoral scholars studying at the University of Otago. The Grant is open to both domestic and international students. Applicants for specialized doctorates, along with the Ph.D., are welcome to apply.
These questions are making the rounds concerning University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship:
- How can I apply for University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship?
- When is the deadline for University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship?
- When will University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship start?
- What are the benefits of University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship?
- What are the requirements for University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship?
Read the post below to find the answers we have provided to these questions.
Candidates have to usually be:
- looking to acquire their first doctoral degree
Selection is centered principally on academic merit and the candidate’s capacity for research.
- Doctor of Philosophy– NZ$27,000 allowance yearly plus a local tuition fees waiver for 36 months (excepts student services payment and insurance)
- Professional Doctorates (DClinDent, DBA, DMA, EDd) – NZ$27,000 allowance yearly plus a tuition fee waiver for up to 36 months capped at the local rate (excepts student services payment and insurance).
Number of Awards offered: Up to 200 yearly
Not qualified for this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here.
Eligibility for University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship for International Students
Assured Doctoral Scholarships for high-achieving locally-trained scholars
If you are a straight A scholar (GPA of 8 – ‘A’ grade) or greater, who has concluded an Honors or Master’s degree with a suitable research constituent from a New Zealand university then you are probably to be assured a Doctoral Scholarship.
How to Apply for University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship for International Students
Solicitations for doctoral scholarships are done online via the eVision portal and can be done at any period of the year. Once you have submitted an application for admission to your course you will get a notification in your student portal prompting you to apply for a scholarship.
Prompts to put in for the Scholarship will be mailed out via eVision once admission to the DClinDent programme has been established, typically in October of the year of application. A verdict concerning the scholarship application will be made in November or December in the same year. If you are a second-year scholar who has finished the papers year of the DClinDent programme please get in touch with the Scholarships Office for information on how to apply.
Deadline for University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship
Applicants can apply anytime