Vice-Chancellor at Nigeria Maritime University – Here are the requirements and how to apply for the position of Vice-Chancellor in the ongoing Nigeria Maritime University job recruitment.
Vice-Chancellor at Nigeria Maritime University – About Position
The Nigeria Maritime University, Okerenkoko was founded by the Federal Government of Nigeria in 2015. The University was created among other goals to expand the borders of knowledge and offer opportunities for Nigeria to be a foremost player in the world’s maritime sector and economy, and to develop first-rate mariners that would keep the nation’s flag aloft across the oceans and waterways of the world.
Applications are welcomed from suitably qualified individuals to fill the following vacant position described below in the University.
Job Title: Vice-Chancellor
- Subject to the stipulations of the University Law, the Vice-Chancellor shall take superiority over all other members of the University except the Pro-Chancellor and Chancellor.
- Subject to the provisions of the University Law, the Vice-Chancellor shall have the general function of directing the activities of the University and shall be the Chief Executive and Academic Officer of the University and Chairman of the Senate.
- Applicants shall not be more than sixty-five (65) years as at the time of his / her assumption of duty as Vice-Chancellor and shall be a person not below the rank of Professor.
- He / She must possess a Ph.D. Degree in Marine Engineering, Nautical Science and Mechanical Engineering.
- He / She must show evidence of academic leadership and sound scholarship by way of research, publications and mentoring of students and fellow staff.
- He / She shall be a person of unblemished character and personality, morally sound and free from disciplinary and financial embarrassment.
- He / She shall be well exposed and versatile in international relations; and with a profile to command national and international respect.
- Applicants shall be conversant with University business, particularly with records that could guarantee academic standards and discipline.
- Applicants must show evidence of understanding of the academic, national and international objectives of Universities.
- He / She must be a person of courage who can take decisions on the merit of facts and principles and not on the basis of pressures from individuals or groups.
- He / She must be information and communication technology proficient.
- Applicants must be of good health and shall show evidence of it at the interview for selection if shortlisted.
Ongoing Recruitments You Can Also Apply For Here:
- Nigeria Maritime University Job Recruitment
- Cummins Nigeria Job Recruitment
- La Fayette MfB Job Recruitment
- Ericsson Nigeria Vacancies
- Julius Berger Nigeria Job Recruitment
- CapitalCorp Limited Job Recruitment
- Nestle Nigeria Job Recruitment
- Fan Milk Plc Job Recruitment
- Coca-Cola Company Job Recruitment
- Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) Job Vacancies
- First Bank of Nigeria Job Recruitment
- Society for Family Health (SFH) Job Vacancies
- Crestflow Energy Job Recruitment
- Flour Mills of Nigeria Job Openings
- PUNCH Nigeria Job Recruitment
- Management FIRST Job Recruitment
- British American Tobacco Job Recruitment
- Ericsson Nigeria Job Recruitment
- Egbin Power Job Recruitment
- CARE International Job Recruitment
How to apply for Vice-Chancellor at Nigeria Maritime University
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Thirty-five (35) copies of the application with a comprehensive CV in a sealed envelope.
The Curriculum Vitae should include information on the following:
- Name of the Applicant infill (Surname first);
- Post desired;
- Date and Place of Birth;
- Email Address;
- Permanent Home Address;
- Current Postal Address;
- Marital Status;
- Number and Ages of Children (if any);
- Educational Institutions Attended with dates;
- Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained with dates and locations;
- Name(s) and address(es) of Previous Employer(s), stating status;
- Name and address of Present Employer, Post. Date and Salary;
- Research Journal / Book Publications;
- Administrative and Mentoring Experience;
- Academic Distinctions / Special Awards (if any)
- Extracurricular Activities;
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees, at least one of whom must be in a position to provide reliable academic/professional opinion about the applicant.
Candidates should request their referees to send their views in confidential cover to the address stated below before the deadline
All applications should be addressed and submitted to:
The Registrar & Secretary to Council,
Nigeria Maritime University, Okerenkoko,
P.M.B. 1005, Warri,
- 8th April 2020