The new VUB B-PHOT Excellence Masters Awards are currently open on offer for all fresh international students. The grants are available to study the European Master of Science.
Vrije Universiteit Brussel is a globally oriented university in Brussels, the core of Europe. Through spot-on high-quality research and education, VUB desires to contribute in an active and dedicated way to an improved society for tomorrow.
Questions have been asked about the VUB B-PHOT Excellence Masters Awards. These questions are:
- How can I apply for VUB B-PHOT Excellence Masters Awards?
- When is the deadline for VUB B-PHOT Excellence Masters Awards?
- When will VUB B-PHOT Excellence Masters Awards start?
- What are the benefits of VUB B-PHOT Excellence Masters Awards?
- What are the requirements for VUB B-PHOT Excellence Masters Awards?
This post provides answers to these questions and gives a detailed guideline on how to apply.
- Course Level: The awards are available to study the European Master of Science in Photonics.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in the fields of Bridging physics, engineering, and photonics.
- Scholarship Award: For the academic year 2019-2020 the Vrije Universiteit Brussel will grant several fully-funded positions of 10 000,00 EUR per year to students of the European Master of Science in Photonics at VUB. This grant is expected to cover the cost of living essential to studying in Brussels.
All applicants who wish to register at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel will have the chance to display proof of their technical knowledge during the application interview foregoing the final admission. Every application for financial assistance positions will be screened on the basis of excellence and motivation, after acceptance to our programme.
Not qualified for this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here.
Eligibility for VUB B-PHOT Excellence Masters Awards for International Students
Eligible Countries: The grants are open to International students
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The programme is open to applicants with a bachelor or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, (Applied) Physics, Materials Sciences or equivalent. Students in their last year of such programmes will also be considered. Applicants holding a bachelor or master degree in another field of engineering are welcome to join the programme through a personalized preparatory programme. This foundation programme can be united with a specific bachelor or master programme.
Belgian Bachelors in IR Architecture, Chemistry, Physics, industrial Science – Electronics/ICT, Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Engineering Science or KMS Polytechnical Department can put in for the foundation programme of 30 ECTS. Here you can find the information about the foundation program in Dutch leading to the Master of Science in Fotonica or the European MSc. in Photonics.
Language requirements for international students:
- A TOEFL-TEST, taken as recently as within the last two years, showing a score of at least 570 (paper-based) or 87 (internet-based)
- An original “test report from” (TRF) from IELTS, given out as new as within the last two years, with a least overall band score of 6.0
- Cambridge-ESOL: First Certificate in English (FCE)
- Holders of a diploma of secondary or higher education by a recognized institution in the Flemish Community are exempted from submitting a proof of language proficiency.
- You are also exempted from language tests when you have successfully completed a minimum of 1 year (60 credits), be it secondary or higher education, where the medium of tutoring was English (a certified certificate must be submitted).
- Note: if the evidence of English adeptness or APS certificate is not complete before the closing date, you can always submit it later instead of missing the deadline.
How to Apply for VUB B-PHOT Excellence Masters Awards for International Students
They receive and review applications on a rolling basis, and target at sending the decision within three weeks from the receipt of the whole application.
Applications can only be submitted through the online application form, we advise candidate students to apply as soon as possible, even if they have not yet obtained their degree.
All non-EEA students and EEA students need to apply before 1 June. They recommend all candidate students to apply as early as possible; most certainly for non-EEA students, this is important with regards to VISA administration
Deadline for VUB B-PHOT Excellence Masters Awards
The University accepts and review applications on a rolling basis, and aim at sending the decision within three weeks from the receipt of the complete application