INTERSOS is an autonomous humanitarian establishment that helps the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its undertakings are based on the principles of harmony, justice, equality of rights and opportunities, human rights, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying extra attention to the most at-risk people. They are hiring to fill the following positions described below.
Top Government Jobs in Nigeria
- FCSC Nigeria Recruitment – Apply Now
- National Planning Commission Recruitment – Apply Now
- Federal Government Recruitment – Apply Now
- Nigerian Breweries Recruitment – Apply Now
- NUT Recruitment – Apply Now
- NERC Recruitment – Apply Now
- Nigerian Gas Company Recruitment – Apply Now
- NDDC Recruitment – Apply Now
- Nigerian Railway Corporation Recruitment – Apply Now
- National Bureau of Statistics Recruitment – Apply Now
- NABTEB Recruitment – Apply Now
- Security Exchange Commission Recruitment – Apply Now
- NITDA Recruitment – Apply Now
- SON Nigeria Recruitment – Apply Now
- NIMASA Recruitment – Apply Now
- FMARD Recruitment – Apply Now
Not interested in these particular jobs? See other jobs here
Job Title: Warehouse Manager
Location: Maiduguri (With frequent field visits in Bama, Banki, Monguno, Dikwa, Damasak and Ngala)
Starting Date: 01/02/2020
Contract duration: 6 months
Reporting to: Head of Base (hierarchically) and Logistics Coordinator (functionally)
Supervision of: 6 national staff
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Guarantees the management and monitoring of the mission’s stock, according to INTERSOS procedures and tools. S/he ensures that these procedures are known and implemented on all the mission’s bases;
- Supervises the Common Warehouses in Banki, Ngala, and Bama including food warehouses in Ngala, Banki, Damasak and Maiduguri area (and any other warehouses that could be opened in the following months);
- Ensures that stocking sites are appropriate to the mission’s needs and that merchandise is stocked appropriately in terms of location, layout and hygienic conditions;
- Supervises fluxes of merchandise, makes sure that the goods received are conformed, and recorded.
- Ensures quality warehouses management making sure that all the movement of goods are documented and shared with WFP / other donors all waybills;
- Ensures the movement/transfer of documents is properly referenced;
- Checks stock reports on a monthly basis and performs physical inventories.
- Monthly materials stocking, inventory registry, and reporting,
- Fuel Management at Common Warehouses;
- Manage Cargo shipment;
- Support his team on Casual Worker management (up/off-loading);
- Manage Truck shipment;
- Transportation Coordination and Optimization;
- Log Cluster Focal Point (food & non-food item coordination forum).
- Warehouse maintenance (water, sewage, fence, power generator, solar system including inside common warehouses offices);
- Fuel management at warehouses;
- Ensure Equipment – Laptop, Phone, Thuraya, VHF, etc. (reparation management, stocking, inventory registry);
- Networking monitoring at warehouses (router devices, Wi-Fi password).
- Supervise Common Warehouse & Food Warehouse staff in all the field bases involved;
- Handover management (Data backup, email folder backup) of warehouses staff;
- Production of Standard Operating Procedures for all most important Warehouse & Supply Chain domains.
Budget management and Reporting:
- Manage the budget of the WFP projects according to INTERSOS guidelines and ensure the submission of reports according to the donor’s requirements
- To perform any other work-related duties if applicable.
- Advanced university degree or similar academic field is required.
- At least three (3) years of professional experience in the capacity as Logistician / Supply Chain /Warehousing and humanitarian field in countries outside of his/ her residence.
- At least two (2) years of working in a potentially insecure environment as expatriate staffs, with proven experience of security management, is required.
- Excellent writing, reporting and communication skills.
- Proven experience of managing number of staffs with cultural diversity, with experience of local recruitment and remote management
- Good knowledge of WFP warehouse guidelines (desirable)
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office (including MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint or other presentation software, Outlook and Skype)
- Excellent organizational skills in highly complex emergency operation
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in a stressful environment
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Excellent ability to establish interpersonal relations and good negotiation skills
- Proficient working knowledge of English
- Responsive, motivated, good communicator flexibility to respond to the changing nature of humanitarian context and operational difficulties.
- Ability to communicate openly and maintain good relations within the team, government and other local authorities, donors, and other stakeholders.
- Willingness to take responsibility.
- Ability to cope with stress and live in an environment with the very basic living conditions.
- Ability to work in an intercultural environment.
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission, and vision of INTERSOS.
Application Closing Date
27th November 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should: Click here to apply online
Also, Apply for Federal Government jobs in Nigeria Here:
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment – Apply Here
- NNPC Recruitment – Apply Here
- Nigerian Army Recruitment – Apply Here
- Npower Recruitment – Apply Here
- Nigerian Police Force Recruitment – Apply Here
- EFCC Recruitment – Apply Here
- Defense Intelligence Agency Recruitment – Apply Here
- NIMC Recruitment – Apply Here
- Nabda Recruitment – Apply Here
- NYSC Recruitment – Apply Here
- Nigerian Customs Service Recruitment – Apply Here
- Federal Fire Service Recruitment – Apply Here
- FRIN Recruitment – Apply Here
- Nigerian Airforce DSSC Recruitment – Apply Here
- Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment – Apply Here
- SSS DSS Nigeria Recruitment – Apply Here
Not interested in these particular jobs? See other jobs here