Norwegian Refugee Council Vacancies, Vacancies at Norwegian Refugee Council. The organization is recruiting and there are available job openings at Norwegian Refugee Council Vacancies.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has around 5000 devoted and competent staff partaking in projects across four continents. Also, NRC manages one of the world’s biggest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be mobilized on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis takes place. They are hiring to fill the following positions described below.
Job Title: WaSH Technical Assistant (Sanitation)
Webcruiter ID: 4152084504
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Job type: Full-time
Employment type: Contract
Percentage of full-time: 100
Commencement: January 2020
Duration: 8 months
Reports to: The WaSH Technical Assistant reports to the WaSH Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist WASH Team Leader in the coordination of the WASH Technical activities according to strategy, proposals, budgets, and plans
- To assist the WASH Team Leader in all aspects of WASH Technical programs planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation
- To assist the WASH Team Leader in the identification of community sanitation needs, including conducting needs assessments and contribute to technical solutions for sanitation
- To develop technical specifications and bills of quantities (BOQ) for all the sanitation activities and supervise Masons and Carpenters in charge of latrine and bathing shelters construction
- To assess the water and sanitation training needs of the community and assists in the development of appropriate training materials and plans.
- Provides technical assistance to the WASH Team Leader and local counterparts on issues of sanitation and solid waste management and communication strategies
- Assists in the establishment, and training of community-based Sanitation committees as well as monitoring their performance
- Assists in the compilation of weekly and monthly WASH Technical reports, program documents, project proposals, and budgets
- Involve and inform communities and community leaders about the activities as part of the community mobilization process
- Assist the WASH Team Leader in Breaking down the annual operational plans into weekly, monthly and quarterly implementation plans.
- B.Sc or Higher Diploma in Health-Related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience from working with WASH Technical projects in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous 2-3 years of work experience in community-based water, Sanitation programs; Work experience with an NGO is desirable
- Must have knowledge of emergency Water supply, Hygiene, Sanitation requirements, and protocols
- Familiarity with international minimum standards of Hygiene, Sanitation, and shelter service delivery (i.e., SPHERE) is an advantage
- Handling an insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Communicating with impact and respect All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
We Can Offer
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
- Duty station: Mubi, with frequent travels.
Application Closing Date
14th November 2019.
Ongoing Recruitments You Can Also Apply for Here:
- Imo State Government Job Vacancies
- Hamilton Lloyd and Associates Job Vacancies
- WTS Energy Job Vacancies
- RTI International Job Vacancies
- Breakthrough Action-Nigeria Job Vacancies
- Guinness Nigeria Plc Vacancies
- Oracle Nigeria Job Vacancies
- Tempkers Limited Job Vacancies
- Lifespring Technology Job Vacancies
- Women for Women International Job Vacancies
- Cascade Synergy Limited Job Vacancies
- Amber Residence Job Vacancies
- Oyo State Hospitals Management Board Vacancies
- Aquarian Consult Limited Job Vacancies
- Promasidor Nigeria Vacancies
- Lumos Nigeria Job Vacancies
- Leadway Assurance Company Limited Job Vacancies
- World Health Organisation (WHO) Job Vacancies
- Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Vacancies
- Lidya Global Job Vacancies
- United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Job Vacancies
- Exzie Business Solutions Job Vacancies
- British High Commission Job Vacancies
- Atlantic Hall School Job Vacancies
- Imo International Health Systems Job Vacancies
- WINCO Foam Industries Limited Vacancies
- GM George – Taylor & Co Vacancies
- Nioda Nigeria Limited Job Vacancies
- Lifemate Nigeria Limited Job Vacancies
- HOR Logistics Job Vacancies
- BSS Consulting Limited Job Vacancies
- Chams PLC Job Vacancies
- Spanish Villa Hotel Job Vacancies
- Finchglow Travels Job Vacancies
- OTP Internet Technology Job Vacancies
- Pacific School Comprehensive College Job Vacancies
- PG Consulting Limited Vacancies
- Alfred & Victoria Associates Vacancies
- First Bank of Nigeria Job Vacancies
- Medecins Sans Frontieres Job Vacancies
- Delta State University Job Vacancies
- AT&A Group Limited Job Vacancies
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should: Click here to apply online
- Nigerian Nationals Only
- An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start.
- Application process and CV registration: Please be aware that you are expected to put in the geographical location for all your past positions while submitting your CV. There is no special field for this detail in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” section for both company and geographical location.