Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand is taking applications from qualified individuals for the Wellington International Excellence Scholarship award available to foreign students who have finished a minimum of one full year at New Zealand secondary school for 2020/21 school session.
The aim of the Wellington International Excellence Scholarship award (“the Scholarship”) is to enrol high-achieving undergraduate foreign students presently studying in New Zealand to Victoria University of Wellington and to assist them in their education.
Scholarship awards will be competitive based on academic advantage. The majority of these scholarship awards will be granted at $20,000 across three years of study (check below for further details). All beneficiaries of the Wellington International Excellence Scholarship awards are assured an offer of a place in one of their Halls of Residence, given that an accommodation application is obtained by the Accommodation Service by 1 October.
Successful applicants will be selected by a selection committee made up of relevant Victoria International staff.
Worth of Wellington International Excellence Scholarship
All beneficiaries of the Wellington International Excellence Scholarship are assured an offer of a place in one of their Halls of Residence, given that an accommodation application is gotten by the Accommodation Service by 1 October.
The Wellington International Excellence Scholarship award will be accredited to tuition fees.
Scholarship awards will be comprised of $10,000 for the initial year of study, and an additional $5,000 for the second and third years of study, given that a Grade Point Average of 7 (a A- average) is sustained. Students have to also enrol full-time (minimum of 120 points a year) so as to continue to hold the Wellington International Excellence Scholarship award. The Scholarship award will be disbursed towards tuition fees.
Eligibility for Wellington International Excellence Scholarship
This scholarship award is for foreign school leaver scholars who have finished a minimum of one full year (i.e. their Year 12 year) at a New Zealand high school and who are enlisting at Victoria University of Wellington in Trimester 1 of the year after application. Scholarship awards will be competitive based on academic advantage.
Applicants must be:
- Foreign students who have finished a minimum of one full year (ie. their Year 12 year) at a New Zealand high school
- Enlist fulltime in the candidate’s first year of their first undergraduate degree program
- Finish NCEA Level 2 or 3 with Excellence or equal grade
How to Apply for Wellington International Excellence Scholarship
- Finish the online application obtainable from the link below.
- Submit a recommendation from your School Principal or nominee.
- Submit a one-page personal statement, describing your reason for wanting to attend Victoria University of Wellington, the academic objectives you hope to accomplish and why you think you deserve the scholarship award. You should also add any leadership roles and details of your participation in your school or community. Please submit an outline of your personal situation, comprising information of financial difficulties. More details may be requested if needed.
- Candidates will be informed after the application closing date whether they have been granted the scholarship award.
Regulations and conditions
- A finished online application has to be submitted by 4:30 pm on the deadline. Late or unfinished applications will not be considered. Any needed supporting documentation (like references) have to also be gotten by 4:30 pm on the deadline in order for the application to be given consideration.
- All offers of the Wellington International Excellence Scholarship award will be dependent upon the beneficiary being fully registered in a full-year program (full-time will be at the amount of points seen by Immigration New Zealand as full-time) within the stated conditions and tenure of the scholarship award. No payment of the Scholarship award will be made until this requirement is met.
- The Scholarship award cannot be transferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship award may be held together with other awards.
Applications end on September 1, 2021.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other New Zealand scholarships here