Zonal Project Manager at Malaria Consortium – Here are the requirements and how to apply for the position of Zonal Project Manager in the ongoing Malaria Consortium job recruitment.
Zonal Project Manager at Malaria Consortium – About Position
Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s foremost non-profit establishments focusing on the broad prevention, control, and treatment of malaria and other infectious diseases among exposed and underprivileged populations. They increasingly realize that their work on malaria can be effectively linked with other similar public health interventions for bigger impact and therefore enlarged their remit to comprise child health and abandoned tropical disease interventions.
They are hiring to fill the following position described below.
Job Title: Zonal Project Manager
Location: Katsina, Kano
Job Type: Fixed Term
Role type: National
Travel involved: In-country travel
Length of contract: 1 year
Reporting to: Senior Project Manager
Direct reports: M&E, Admin / Supply Chain, Accounts Officers, and LGA cluster supervisors
Project Management (60%):
- Work with the relevant personnel to prepare all necessary project start-up and planning tools on time.
- To build and performance manage an effective and technically unsurpassed SMC project team in their states.
- Liaise with other partners relevant for successful SMC malaria implementation in the state.
- Line manages an effective and technically sound SMC project team in the state.
- Liaise with state stakeholders to get their buy-in and ensure effective implementation of SMC activities in the state
- Ensure the mass drug distribution campaign is carried out according to guidelines, and in compliance with donor funding requirements
- Organize and participate in the training of State, LGA and community volunteers teams involved in the distribution activities
- Participate in the state and LGA level microplanning meetings for the distribution activities
- Be responsible for timely financial accountability for any disbursed funds for project activities in the state
- Duty of care on all campaign personnel.
- Work with the project team to develop and implement annual work plans.
- Work closely with the SPM to prepare the program monitoring and evaluation plan in conjunction with the Project M&E Manager. Work with the project team to implement it.
- Work with the country finance team and project finance associate to prepare and track the progress of project and activity budgets.
- Be responsible for zonal project budget management and reporting
- Work with the finance team and SPM to prepare quarterly financial reports.
- Work with the relevant country personnel and the SPM to prepare an exit strategy and to implement it, to see to the smooth end of the program.
- Be responsible for quarterly lesson identification and learning documentation and dissemination.
- Be responsible for building functional partner relationships among the project’s stakeholders.
- Oversee project partners inputs and subcontractors’ activities to deliver harmonized, aligned and effective outputs
- Manage risks to Malaria Consortium including financial, reputation and security in a challenging environment
Technical performance management and Quality Assurance (20%):
- Take the lead in monitoring and evaluating project performance.
- Keep abreast of evidence and best practices that are related to the project.
- To exert influence and to advocate for Malaria Consortium’s key technical positions and promote best practice in SMC interventions
- Postgraduate or Master’s degree in Public Health, Health Policy, Epidemiology or another relevant specialty is a minimum requirement.
- Extensive experience of working at the national or state level in developing countries.
- Excellent project planning, management, and monitoring & evaluation skills.
- Experience managing project budgets
- Proven leadership skills and team-leading
- Experience in advocacy and policy influencing
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experience on SMC-supported project
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft office
Work-based skills and competencies:
- Proof of strong interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills are also needed.
- Understanding of public health issues in Nigeria
Ongoing Recruitments You Can Also Apply For Here:
- Malaria Consortium Job Recruitment
- Petrogap Oil and Gas Job Recruitment
- Canon Nigeria Vacancies
- Oduduwa University Job Recruitment
- 9mobile Nigeria Job Openings
- TVC Communications Job Recruitment
- Coca-Cola Company Vacancies
- North China Construction Nigeria (NCC) Job Recruitment
- IHS Towers Vacancies
- Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) Job Recruitment
- Workforce Group Job Openings
- First Bank of Nigeria Job Vacancies
- Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) Job Vacancies
- Old Mutual Nigeria Job Recruitment
- Unilever Nigeria Job Recruitment
- American University of Nigeria (AUN) Job Recruitment
- Egbin Power Job Vacancies
- Carlcare Nigeria Job Vacancies
- Citibank Nigeria Job Openings
- Airtel Nigeria Vacancies
How to apply for Zonal Project Manager at Malaria Consortium
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should: Click here to apply online
- 1st April 2020
Trending on Jobs
- Latest Jobs In Nigeria
- Latest Jobs In Lagos
- Latest Jobs In Abuja
- Latest Jobs In Delta
- Latest Jobs In Oyo
- Latest Jobs In Port Harcourt
- Latest Jobs in Anambra
- Latest Jobs In Kano
- Latest Jobs In Kaduna
- Latest Jobs In Borno
- Latest Jobs In Sokoto
- Latest Jobs In Edo
- Latest Jobs In Jos
- Latest Jobs Across Nigeria
Trending on Scholarships
- Apply for Undergraduate Scholarships in Canada, United States Of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Germany, Australia, China, Cyprus, North America, and Russia
- Apply for MSc Scholarships in Canada, United States Of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Germany, Australia, China, Cyprus, North America, and Russia
- Apply for Ph.D. Scholarships in Canada, United States Of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Germany, Australia, China, Cyprus, North America, and Russia
- Apply for Postgraduate Scholarships in Canada, United States Of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Germany, Australia, China, Cyprus, North America, and Russia
Disclaimer: Careerintels is only a job directory, we do not own the jobs we publish on our platforms neither can we influence the HR or recruiting company’s decision. What we provide is the necessary pieces of information required for the job application process that can help you to be selected on the company’s recruitment program.