The Zukunftskolleg has put out a fresh call for “ZUKOnnect Fellowships for Candidates from Africa, Asia and Latin America”.
This fellowship program can construct a first bridge to the German and European academic system, they also welcome doctoral candidates in their last year to apply. The Zukunftskolleg will not provide employment deeds for ZUKOnnect Fellows.
Eligibility for ZUKOnnect Fellowships at University of Konstanz
- You come from and work in a nation of Latin America, Asia or Africa.
- You possess a PhD (max. 2 year of postdoctoral experience) OR are a PhD candidate in your last year.
- You do not possess a permanent professorship, nor do you possess a Habilitation or equivalent (Venia legendi).
- Your research project must align with one of the fields represented at the University of Konstanz.
- You must name a researcher at the University of Konstanz with whom you plan to work with (no need to get in touch with person(s) in advance),
- Preference will be afforded to candidates who intend to team up with one of the current Zukunftskolleg Fellows.
Application Deadlines: 24th February 2021
Eligible Nations: nations in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
To be taken at (country): Germany
Type: Research, Fellowship
Number of Awards: 4
Benefits of ZUKOnnect Fellowships at University of Konstanz
- An allowance of 1.200€/ month for PhD candidates and 2.000€/month for postdoctoral researchers (in line with DAAD guidelines)
- Standard costs for economy-class flight to Konstanz and back.
- Access to events organized by the Zukunftskolleg;
- Access to library resources;
- Access to IT services;
- Access to research support services;
- After the research stay at the Zukunftskolleg, ZUKOnnect Fellows can prolong their association with a digital fellowship program for extra 6 months.
Obligations for visiting researchers
- You will reside in Konstanz or nearby all through the ZUKOnnect Fellowships (the Welcome Centre of the University of Konstanz will provide support with all organizational parts of moving to Konstanz);
- You will actively add to the interdisciplinary discourse at the Zukunftskolleg during the periodical Jour Fixe meetings;
- You will relate with fellows and researchers in appropriate departments at the University of Konstanz;
- You will make a presentation in a workshop or a public lecture;
- You will recognize Zukunftskolleg support in any publications coming from the stay;
- You will write a short report on your undertakings and accomplishments (within 6 months of finishing your ZUKOnnect Fellowship).
Duration of Awards: The start date is between 1 September 2021 and 1 October 2021. The on-site stipends are complemented by a digital fellowship extending it to a 12-month ZUKOnnect Fellowships.
How to Apply for ZUKOnnect Fellowships at University of Konstanz
Please hand in your application credentials in English as PDF files through their online application portal. The reference number is 2020/232. Applications should include:
- A letter of motivation (comprising your goals for the research stay at the Zukunftskolleg and a description of how your research ties in with the research setting at the university) (maximum 2 pages)
- Short explanation or summary of your present research project (at most 3 pages incl. bibliography)
- A detailed work and time plan for your on-campus research stay
- Your curriculum vitae
- Applicable certificates (PhD certificate OR a letter from your PhD supervisor verifying the status of your PhD thesis)
- One academic reference letter, on official letterhead paper and signed by the individual reviewer
Additional details are obtainable online, where you will also get an extensive FAQ document. Additional questions can be sent to Daniela Kromrey through e-mail: [email protected] or by phone: (+ 49 (0)7531 88–5686). If the budget available allows, the Zukunftskolleg can award financial assistance for family members who accompany the ZUKOnnect Fellows during the fellowship prpogram.
They look forward to receiving your application, including all required documents, until 24 February 2021 (15:00 CET)
Not interested in ZUKOnnect Fellowships at University of Konstanz? See other Germany scholarships here